Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Cherry Soup
- 360ml milk
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 12g gelatine leaf, soaked in cold water
- 360ml Greek yoghurt
Add to Shopping List
- 500gcherries, stoned and chopped
- 80g caster sugar
- 75ml red dessert wine
- 30 cherries, halved, to serve
- Shredded mint leaves, to serve
1. Place the milk, sugar and vanilla bean in a saucepan and place over a low heat until hot, do not boil. Take off the heat and set aside to infuse for 30 minutes. Remove the vanilla bean. Place back over a low heat and heat again until hot ensuring it does not boil.
2. Place the gelatine in a bowl, cover with cold water and soak for 4-5 minutes or until soft. Remove and squeeze off excess water. Add to the milk and stir until it has completely dissolved. Stir through the yoghurt. Pour into 6 dariole moulds with a 150ml capacity. Place in the fridge to set over night.
3. For cherry soup, place the cherries and sugar in a saucepan, place over a low heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Add 400ml of water and bring back to a simmer, remove from heat, using a hand held blender process to a rough puree. Leave to stand for 1 hour and stir in dessert wine. Place a sieve over a bowl, line with muslin and strain the soup, do not force any cherry pulp through.
4. To remove the panna cotta from the moulds dip each mould in hot water for 3 seconds then carefully turn out into shallow serving bowls, place some halved cherries around the plate and pour the soup around the panna cotta to serve.