Preparation: 45 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
2. For rissoles, grate the potatoes onto a clean, dry tea towel, fold corners and squeeze out all excess moisture, transfer to a large bowl. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander seeds, jalapeno, tuna, egg and coriander, season with salt and pepper and combine well. Combine the flour and fennel seeds in a bowl.
3. Roll the tuna mixture into palm size patties then coat in the flour mixture, repeat with remaining mixture then rest for 10 minutes.
4. Heat ½ cm oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat, cook the patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden, drain on a plate lined with paper towel then place on a cake rack placed inside a roasting tray. Place in the oven and cook a further 20 minutes.
5. For salsa, place avocado in a bowl, squeeze over lemon juice, add the tomato, capsicum, cucumber, coriander and mint, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, combine.
6. For the dipping sauce, combine the sugar and water and chilli flakes in a small saucepan, place over a medium heat and simmer to reduce by half. Add the kecap manis, mirin, sesame oil, and honey.
7. Spoon the salsa onto a serving plate, with tuna cakes and a lime wedge to the side and dipping sauce in a small bowl.