Truffle Mac N Cheese
Add to Shopping List
- 400g dried macaroni
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 rashers smoky bacon, diced
- 500ml pure cream
- 125gcoarsely grated cheddar
- 250g coarsely grated Gruyere
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 100gfreshly grated parmesan
- ½ cupfresh breadcrumbs
- 20gfresh truffle, finely grated, to serve
1. Grease a 1.5L baking dish with butter or oil spray. Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and refresh in iced water. Drain again and place in a large bowl.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until golden. Drain on paper towel and stir into the macaroni.
3. Return the pan to heat, add cream and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat, gradually add cheddar and Gruyere, stirring until melted.
4. Combine the garlic, paprika and mustard to form a paste, stir into cream mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
5. Heat a grill to high. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle over parmesan and breadcrumbs and grill until top is crisp and golden. Finely grate truffle over the top and serve with salad.