Thai Green Chicken Curry
- 2cmpiece ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2garlic cloves, chopped
- 2stalks lemongrass, bruised, chopped
- 6coriander roots, chopped
- 2long red chillies, deseeded, chopped
- 2anchovy fillets
- ½teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ½teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 2teaspoons vegetable oil
Add to Shopping List
- 750gchicken thigh, sliced
- 270mlcoconut cream
- 20mlfish sauce
- 1orange capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 1red onion, thickly sliced
- 50gsnow peas, sliced
- Juice of one lemon
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
MethodPreparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
1. For the curry paste, place the ginger, garlic, lemongrass, coriander root, chilli, anchovies, pepper, coriander, cumin and vegetable oil in a small food processor and process to make a smooth paste.
2. Spoon the paste in a frying pan and place over a medium heat, cook, stirring for 3-5 minutes until fragrant. Add the chicken and stir to coat in the paste, cook for 3-5 minutes or until the chicken has lightly browned.
3. Add the coconut cream and bring to a simmer, add the fish sauce and capsicum. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add capsicum and onions and simmer a further 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add snow peas, lemon juice, taste and adjust seasoning with lemon juice, fish sauce and palm sugar.
4. Spoon into a bowl and top with coriander leaves to serve with steamed rice to the side.