1. Preheat an izakaya BBQ, BBQ or grill.
2. To prepare chicken, cut down either side of the backbone using kitchen shears. Cut chicken in half down the breast bone. Trim wing tips, leaving just the first bone attached to the breast, French-trim the bone. Make small incisions into the skin and flesh of the thigh meat, almost to the bone to ensure even cooking.
3. For dukka spice, dry toast coriander and cumin in a small frying pan until fragrant. Allow to cool slightly and pound in a mortar and pestle to a coarse powder. Pound hazelnuts in mortar and pestle to coarse crumbs and add to ground spices with sumac, salt and sesame seeds.
4. Rub dukka over chicken, ensuring to rub into the splits in the flesh. Drizzle with olive oil and dress with garlic slices and thyme. Cook over an izakya BBQ, BBQ or grill for 12-15 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.
5. For salad, prepare ingredients and set to one side until required.
6. For tahini and yogurt dressing, place all ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
7. To serve, spread a spoonful of tahini yogurt over a serving plate. Arrange salad ingredients over dressing. Sprinkle with some dukka. Arrange chicken on a separate serving and dust with extra dukka if desired.