Tea smoked yogurt
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 cup earl grey tea
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato powder
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced on a microplane
- 2 x 4 point lamb racks
- 1 eggplant, peeled and 2cm diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Olive oil, to drizzle
Add to Shopping List
- 200g small assorted heirloom tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup mixed micro herbs
- Juice and grated rind of one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
For tea smoked yogurt, line a wok with foil, add brown rice, earl grey
tea and castor sugar and cover. Heat over a medium-high heat until
smoking, reduce heat to medium and leave to cool for five minutes. Place
yoghurt in a heatproof bowl on the smoking rack. Smoke for 3-4 minutes
until desired smokiness is achieved. Set aside until required.
For sumac lamb, place sumac, cumin, tomato powder, oil and garlic in a
small bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine. Rub mixture
over lamb and leave to marinate at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat until very hot, sear lamb on all
sides and transfer to prepared oven tray. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until
pink in the centre. Transfer to a plate, cover and allow to rest for
5-10 minutes or until required.
5. For roasted eggplant, combine
eggplant, oil, paprika and a sprinkle of salt. Place in a roasting pan,
drizzle with oil and roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
6. For salad, coat tomatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dress with micro herbs, lemon juice and rind.
7. To finish, combine smoked yoghurt with tahini, oil and lemon juice.
To serve, slice lamb against the grain. Place spoonfuls of yogurt in
the centre of a serving plate, top with eggplant and layers of lamb.
Garnish with coriander and small salad around the edges of the plate.
Notes: Preparation and cooking time: 70 minutes