Prawn Ravioli with Prawns and Lemon Butter Sauce
Serves: 6 entrees or 2 main courses
- 200g “00” flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch salt
- 6large tiger prawns, peeled, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 egg white
- 100ml cream
- Zest of two lemons
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 9 large tiger prawns
- 20g butter, softened
- Zest of one lemon
Add to Shopping List
- 25g cold butter, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Fennel fronds to serve
Cooking: 20 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
2. For pasta dough, place the flour, eggs, oil and a pinch of salt in a food processor and process until a dough forms. Turn out onto a clean, floured surface and knead until smooth. Cover in cling film and set aside to rest.
3. For prawn mousse, place the blender container in the freezer for five minutes to chill before blending, ensure all the ingredients are cold. Place prawns in the chilled blender and blend until chopped, add the egg white and continue blending while adding the cream in a steady stream. When smooth, season with salt and pepper. Stir in the lemon zest and cayenne pepper. Spoon into a bowl, cover and place in the fridge to set.
4. For roast prawns, split the whole prawns down the centre, remove intestinal tract and place on a baking tray flesh-side up. Combine the butter and lemon zest, spoon over the prawn flesh, season with salt and pepper and place in the oven to roast for 8-10 minutes or until cooked.
5. For pasta, roll the dough through a pasta machine on the widest setting, adjusting to a smaller setting each time. Cut into sheets. Cut 36 x 7cm rounds from the sheets; place a heaped teaspoon of the mousse onto the centre of half the pasta circles, place the remaining circles on top, brush the edges with water to seal, ensuring there are no air bubbles. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the ravioli for 2-3 minutes. Drain.
6. For butter sauce, place the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. When it starts to bubble and brown, swirl the pan until the sediment is golden brown, remove from heat. Add the lemon juice.
7. Place the ravioli on a plate, place the roast prawns to the side and spoon over the butter. Scatter with fennel fronds and serve.