Pizza Bianca with Asparagus, Potato and Proscuitto
- 2/3 cup Lukewarm Water
- 1 tsp Coles Brand Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Tandaco Active Dry Yeast
- 1½ cups Coles Brand Plain Flour, plus extra for dusting
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Add to Shopping List
- 2 tsp, plus extra 4 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Brushed Potato, washed and cut into 1/2 cm-thick slices
- 180 g bunch Asparagus, ends removed, spears cut in half lengthways
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Finely Grated Mil Lel Parmesan Cheese
- 6 thin slices Noel Serrano Prosciutto, from the deli
- 60 gColes Brand Baby Rocket
- 1/2 Lemon
1. Mix the water, sugar and yeast in a liquid measuring cup. Set aside for 5 mins, or until a foam forms on the top of the mixture.
2. Blend flour and salt together in a food processor. Pour in yeast mixture and oil, and blend briefly until a dough forms, about 10 secs. Transfer dough to a work surface and knead for 2 mins, or until it becomes smooth and elastic. The dough will be tacky but will release cleanly from your hands.
3. Place the dough on a floured baking tray and dust the top with flour. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 45 mins–1 hr, or until doubled in size.
4. Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 280°C or 260°C fan or as hot as the oven goes. Lightly brush a large heavy baking tray with 1 tsp oil.
5. Place potato slices in small saucepan and add enough cold water to cover. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 mins, or until potato slices are just tender. Drain and set aside to cool. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with asparagus and 2 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. In a small bowl, mix garlic and 2 tbsp oil. Flour hands, stretch dough then press out onto prepared baking tray to about a 37cm x 29cm rectangle. Spread garlic-oil mixture evenly over dough. Sprinkle over half the cheese. Arrange potato mixture in a single layer, then asparagus. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter over remaining cheese.
7. Bake pizza for 8-10 mins until crust is crisp and golden brown.
8. Arrange prosciutto over pizza. Toss rocket with remaining 1 tsp oil to coat then scatter over pizza. Squeeze over lemon juice. Cut into 12 rectangular slices and serve.For more great Coles recipes click here…