Mushroom, Leek and Chicken Risotto
Serves: 4 (main size)
Add to Shopping List
- 50ml olive oil
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed, sliced finely
- 500g skinless organic chicken breast, chopped
- 50g oyster mushrooms, chopped
- 100g button mushrooms, chopped
- 25g shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- 50g swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
- 25g shimeji mushrooms, chopped
- 25g enoki mushrooms, chopped
- 20g parsley, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-1.5L chicken stock
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 250g Arborio rice
- 250g parmesan cheese
- Extra chopped parsley to garnish
Heat the oil and half the butter in a medium frying pan and sauté the
leek for a few minutes. Sauté the chicken until just cooked through. Add
the mushrooms and cook over a low heat for approximately 12 minutes.
Stir through the parsley and the garlic, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Bring chicken stock to the boil in a saucepan, reduce heat and simmer gently.
Melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan and sauté the onion until
soft but not coloured. Add the rice and stir well to coat in the oil.
When the rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan, ladle in the hot
stock, stirring constantly. Add another ladle of chicken stock when the liquid has been absorbed.
Repeat the process for 15-20 minutes, until all the stock has been
absorbed, the mixture is creamy and the rice is firm to bite but not
Stir in the mushroom mixture and cook for a few
minutes to heat through. Season to taste and serve the risotto with
shaved parmesan and parsley.
Notes: Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes