2. Prepare marron, place live marron in a freezer for 15-20 minutes to put to sleep. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add marron and cook for 3 minutes to par cook flesh. Remove and place in a bowl of iced water to chill, drain well. Remove head and legs, turn the marron tail to one side and gently press to crack. Peel shell from flesh and pull out gastro intestinal track. Thread a bamboo skewer through the tail lengthways and repeat with remaining tails. Keep in fridge.
3. For mayonnaise, place egg yolks, mustard, vinegar and salt in a food processor and process until thick and creamy. While still processing, combine the oils and gradually pour in oil in a thin stream.
4. For bacon-flavoured powder, combine ingredients on a baking paper lined baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until caramelised. Allow to cool. Once cool, process to a powder.
5. Add 6 tablespoons of bacon powder to ¾ cup mayonnaise and season with lime juice to taste.
6. For coleslaw, place ingredients in a bowl, add bacon mayonnaise and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Heat a BBQ to smoking. Brush skewered marron tails with olive oil and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
8. To serve, fill buns with coleslaw and a marron tail.